Doggy Love 4 (November 2020): Human Love

 

More than three years ago I adopted Aegon Wildfire, a grey giant who had been abandoned completely bald in a dog shelter. I described the experiences of his initial adaptation to my small and impeccable apartment and how his presence helped me to connect with the sensual enjoyment of being present with all my senses and to meet new friends, who today enrich my life with their presence. It has not always been easy living with a pit bull stronger than me. I learned that a harness in a dog so strong is like becoming a human sled and after being dragged several times, I understood that a training collar and not looking at my cell phone is the only way to walk him. Being present and alert is not a philosophical issue with Aegon, but one of survival and not losing composure.

My mother’s concern was that the dog would be a limitation if I had a suitor, but she never imagined it would be as complicated as it turned out.

Love comes in unexpected ways, but if your heart is open, you leave the old wounds behind and jump back into the void relying only on your ability to choose love and life… then the major magic happens. So, one day we briefly crossed on the internet, took a chance on a date and a romantic story began... until he met Aegon. A wonderful man, full of life, sensitive, musical, smart; but who never had a dog, a cat people by nature, and obsessive with cleaning and order… was suddenly exposed to my intensely emotional Aegon. Perhaps because of his past, which I do not know, my dog has a serious separation anxiety disorder. Every time someone comes into the house he jumps joyfully and tries to sit on you like he was a small lapdog;  but, if someone tries to leave the house he panics and is able to destroy a vacuum cleaner or break a broom with a single bite. On my beloved's first visits he ate his expensive glasses, his credit card and three television controls, as well he scratched him with his immense paws. Despite his best intentions of getting along with my little monster, after a few months my boyfriend seriously told me that he loved me, but that he could not imagine my dog in his home. Can you imagine the dilemma between the love to the man and the love to the dog? A dear friend didn't understand my predicament: "It is a dog! Poison him." My daughter with her acidic sense of humor told me, "Cut off his head, so he will be half his size." Of course, not to forget my mom's "I told you!".

But real love is greater magic, which you can only trust. I told my boyfriend I would try to find a new family for my crazy dog; but I do not have the ability to be disloyal in love. Time went by until one day he asked me to bring my dog to his home so I could stay longer. It is amazing how love builds bridges over chasms that we thought were impossible. I just wanted to arrange a space in the yard for Aegon and he thought my little giant would not be able to stay alone in the dark.

My dear friend Ronnie, the trumpet player, gave Aegon one of those annoying squeaking dog toys and unexpectedly we found the solution to Aegon's distress crises. Every time someone wants out, all we need to do is give him a little toy that serves as a pacifier. It is hard to imagine that fierce-looking dog, clinging to his noisy minion. In addition, his veterinarian prescribed an antidepressant that helps him deal with anxiety.

Now Aegon has a bed in our room where every night he carries his noisy pacifier. My husband became for him the Alpha of the pack, so he follows him wherever he moves, while I smile happy on the couch, enjoying this cozy and unconditional doggy love that surrounds us.

 Tibaire Cristina Gonzalez

 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

¿Estàs cultivando la sensualidad de tu relaciòn?

La maravilla de ser mujer

Mamuchi